Sunday, February 20, 2005

Dying Species

I have to wake up early to call up the office, but I guess God didn’t allow me. My nephew and I, are going to a long trip to see the animation fest. We were hoping to watch Sponge Bob at 2pm, but we arrived late at 3pm, I presume there are still more shows after that. So, after a 10-minute walk, we finally arrived at the Podium. We even have to go up to the last floor where the cinemas are showing. We both are excited to see what’s in store for us; our expectations were high to find out that the film we caught is for mature audiences only, and to top that, it’s in French. Of course, for me it’s fine because I know how to read the sub titles, and can understand the bloody killings and gun fights and even sex, but for a eight year old kid? It’s like Sponge Bob is more like a code name for entering night clubs during the Black Dragon underground society! The story is interesting though, we have to go home for it’s a long way back and I have fellowships with my friends. I can feel his disappointments over the film, but there is one thing that made us happy to experience. When we were on our way to the fest, we passed through a classy mall. Obviously, we lined-up for inspection of our bags. Today, unusually maybe because we are on a long trip, I pad locked my bag. When we got to the security guards, I forgot to unlock it, and so the guard asked me if it’s locked. I said, “Yes.” a bit confused. Then he told me to put the bag down on the floor, and so I did. Surprisingly, another guard walked in with a big dog (like a dinosaur), went to my bag and sniffed it. GM saw the dog and he never saw a dog that big (and could sniff bags). I told him that they use the dog to sniff out for bombs or narcotics, or the missing plutonium in Britain. When we got back, I took a picture of him and the dog (well, it’s a different dog, but it has the same job title anyway).

On our way home riding on a van, I told him things that a child must be aware of. That there is evil, and there is good. After seeing the huge dog, he asked me about dinosaurs, and why they got extinct. I even told him the vanishing elephants, and how man destroyed such beautiful creatures just for money. The world is in itself perfect because it was good, but because of man’s flaws made it a dying species.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home