Monday, February 14, 2005

The Piano

Today is Valentine’s Day, and I know that today is something special. I wake up a few hours before noon, still trying to gain some balance for my mind is still half sleep. I saw my calendar with a cupid drawn inside the little, empty box, figuring my plans for the rest of the afternoon. I intend to finish some parts of my website that unexpectedly after just three hours of editing and typing, I finished it. Usually, when I have lots of time to waste, I go downstairs and play my century old piano. It’s not just a piano with strings, or wood and keys, but it is my friend. We did great things together. Musical notes flies unto the air while I skillfully played the part of the orchestrator whose fingers rolls from one note to the other. But, in Valentine’s Day, I did not. A silent promise I made should be sincere to avoid the love that once was but now gone. A hopeless stream of dreams and imagination that captures far from reality. Reality that I should accept, if not awaken from the siren of the truth, which is, she is gone. As night falls, I know that somewhere just a couple of miles from where I’m standing, she’s having caviar for dinner and wine for her lips; holding a hand different from mine. A question that encircles round and round again like a broken phono playing a song entitled, “What now?” After twelve years of eagerness is crushed by the sense of reality that I have been forgotten, not in her mind, but in her heart. The soft music of love and passion is now blown away in to the wind in the night where nobody knows where it’s going. Lost in a breeze; lost in a moment. There is no reason to bring the happiness again with my old friend- the piano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home