Saturday, February 12, 2005

Breaking the Cycle of Life

Today, I’ve been asked the most difficult question to answer: “Do you like to read?” Obviously, my answer came after a long pause and got my brain churning some steam again. “Before, but now I guess not.” Maybe, you’re been thinking, “Why?” Again, after a long moment of silence, while typing on my keyboard, my common culprit is age. I’m just tired. Since I was in high school, I’ve been sitting all day reading volumes, and volumes of books about computers, and of course to master the skill, you need to have time to experiment and practice. Mind you, back then it was called Turbo Basic- a DOS program where you can write and create custom applications. I’ve seen the evolution of computers from 486 to Pentium 4, and I’ve been Bill Gates’ friend since its conception. There are two ironies that I found about computers. One is, it always develop. The good part about that is the learning process of a man doesn’t stop. It’s more like a life cycle, a wheel that keeps on turning and turning and man becomes more aware and turn something old into something new. If you’ll ask me, I love to learn new things especially when it excites me, for there is some form of silent fulfillment in my heart that I have accomplished something. The bad part is computers are costly (hehe). The truth is what I have learned before is now useless. It’s like a big part of my time in life has to be shredded to pieces. There are some things in life that we want to be as they were because we are contented with what we have; is that wrong? I guess, this is just a result of sleep deprivation and I’m just stuck between sweet dreams and nightmares. Maybe, today as I looked back, I regret those precious hours that I consumed that I may have done more important things, rather than spending all things for what? Money? Career? For everything in life has also an end, the wheel will soon break the cycle of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home