Friday, February 11, 2005

Something's Burning

I woke up due to the smell of something burning. I got down and saw my mom opening the exhaust fan trying to save a recycled dish. I laid down on our sofa outside and continued on the dream that I was having. But, as always, as soon as I wake up, the dream just fades into blankness, forgotten. I had good dreams, I know and yet the story isn’t clear to tell, but I catch myself giggling during sleep. I never thought it was normal, but I miss the knowledge of having a pleasant sleep.

I did my usual routine, and readied to go and do some errands. While I was parked, when I finished my errand, the car just won’t start. Thinking, “Oh no! not now.” I instantly knew the car battery is at fault, and so I got out and tried to find a replacement. Fortunately, I saw a battery shop just across the road. I went in and asked for its cost. The woman gave me the prices for different models. Then, as I learned, I have to find another shop to compare and find the cheapest and most reliable. Therefore, I went to the nearest gasoline store and asked about the price, and found out it’s cheaper by 200 bucks. But, I have to pay for the charges for the services of the mechanic worth 350. I thought, the other option is to recharge the battery, which will only cost 50, and bring the car to the gasoline station to buy a cheaper replacement without paying for the mechanic. The option is sound until the guy told me that the battery is dead and it can’t be charged anymore. So, I have no alternative but to buy a new one. After paying for the product, I later found out that the guy haven’t plug the machine that gauges if the battery still works. “I’ve been cheated!” I thought. Well, obviously I learned a lesson. “You can’t trust anyone anymore these days.”

Occasionally, I teach and aid my nephew in his assignments. This is not the first time I taught children, for I’ve experience teaching to young students back then when I was high school in Sunday schools. It requires special attention and careful preparation, especially if you don’t have any knowledge of what to teach. I teach by the book, but I learned that experience is the best teacher. Teaching requires skill, passion, love and a lot of patience because not every student is a genius or has the size of the brain of Einstein. But of course, some are exceptional, students who would even teach us teachers something.

My nephew relayed me a story about his younger sister who already knows how to use the zipper of his bag and make canvasses of his books. While we were busy doing his homework, we needed to get his other book, and so he asked his 2 year old sister to get his bag. The small bundle of joy hurriedly went off to follow the command of his older brother. Surprisingly, she got back immediately handing to her brother a small, orange, plastic ball. We just both laughed our heads off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home