Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Dream of Flying

Early morning when I was half awake and half asleep, my ears can hear the thunderous noise of airplanes flying over my head, noticing that people has departed or arrived in this country. When I was a kid, I always dreamed of flying no matter where it goes, but just to see the white, fluffy clouds passing under my feet-an experience no one could ever forget. Before the airline industry, before world wars, before steel airplanes, people have dreamed of flying. I could still remember those old movie clips that shows inventors trying to build a flying contraption out of bulky wings that flaps like a chicken. Even those people risked their lives by going off a cliff believing it will fly.

Here in our country, people still have this dream. Because of poverty, corruption or what else you can think of, people especially parents dreamed of their children to go to America, Europe, or anywhere just to leave and have a decent pay for their family. They even have posters making OFWs synonymous to present-day heroes. My friend's sister is working abroad, even my other friend is working in the middle east. My other friends were always talking about going there also, and the ins and outs of agencies regarding that matter that every time I see them, they will complain about this and can't get off that subject matter. It's that hard and irritating.

Like those inventors during those days, they will put their lives just to see if they could fly successfully or not. The question is why Filipinos have this dream? Only they could answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home