Friday, July 07, 2006

To Whom It May Concern

When I was still studying and when I come up in writing letters to be given to someone I don't recall or have forgotten their names, I would usually address the person, “To Whom It May Concern.” This was taught to me by my mother, and so made it routine but never thought of its meaning.

Before, that was one year ago, my friends and I would often meet and talk about anything spiritual, everything under the heaven. We encourage ourselves to invite other friends who needs to hear God's words and be saved. As the scripture says that salvation comes from hearing the word of God. Eventually, they were sincere about bringing their friends and so I made new friends even if they are older than me.

One day, I got news that her son was ill. She is a volunteer like myself in our church; she's in the video ministry, and I'm in the audio ministry. So, I made a little prayer and hoped for her son to get well. But, the Lord urged me to visit her and offer help in her situation and so I did.

The church should be true enough to share what they have to those who are in need. Yes, it's true that salvation comes from listening, but we should put it into practice. I've tried to be an example. I'm not claiming to be better; I am also human that sometimes fall. It is also said that by ourselves, we cannot straighten our path but only by God's help. It was an envelope bearing the marks of concern. I hope our pastor was even concerned to pray for his fellow helper in the church ministry: To Whom It May Concern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home