Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Granpa Gives Me 50 bucks Everyday

This last week, my mom and dad went to a 3-day retreat of their church. After being left alone, I pondered on what the religious leader taught me about the hidden dangers of following those blind leaders, or those so-called pastors pretending to be like tender, mild-mannered sheep. Surely as I observed when I was still attending their church, I can see on how good they preach. There are those flapping gestures, the pointing to heaven gestures, and the famous crying gestures. As you have guessed they are truly remarkable piece of work because for them it is work. After the service, it will lead you to the exit towards their mini bookstore, and there you will see plastic covered books, CDs of their past sermons; more books and even have it on cassette tapes. So, I glanced some books and saw a good book, but I decided to buy later. After lunch we went to the mall, and seeing the opportunity, I went to the bookstore to compare prices. It was shocking to me that I learned that their prices in the church bookstore is almost 100% over the bookstore price at the mall! Not only that, the CDs with their Sunday sermons is worth 80 bucks and one blank CDR will only cost 35 bucks, so that gives them 45 income, AND the mere fact that there are 2,000 members per service, therefore making it 45 times 2,000 members they would get 90,000 bucks just for one service, AND there are 4 services in one Sunday, so that is 90,000 times 4 equals a whopping 360,000 bucks just for a sermon you heard before recycled just to rake in money. As the scriptures says, “Freely you receive, freely you must give.” I wondered how much is the retreat costs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home