Saturday, July 08, 2006

Crabs

According to my previous post that I volunteered in our church as sound engineer. At first, all is well and everyone welcomes you with smiles and gladness. Although I have my own music recording business at that time, you can never really say I'm an expert in my craft, but I try to perfect the learning. As it was since before from my experience, people will never teach you in a straightforward manner, so what I did and always do is ask questions. This is fine and I never complained since they do answer my questions.

One Sunday afternoon, during worship service and I was assigned to do the audio, and at some point I noticed the sound meter is having some noise, so I called the attention of my mentor. As he looked at it, the meter dropped and never noticed anything, although I warned him. Actually, my fellow worker noticed it also and told our mentor. What happened was as I raised the volume, the microphone produced a screeching noise so irritating it halted the service. I was so embarrassed and humiliated since I was at the helm at that time and something went wrong. It was never my mistake yet it never kept them from insinuating later that week.

Maybe you would say that by saying these, I am also committing a sin. But, the Lord says, “Shout as loud as you can! Tell my people Israel about their sins! They worship me everyday, claiming that they are eager to know my ways and obey my laws... Please read Isaiah 58:1-12. It will explain true fasting.

I just pray that God will lift up those with a sorrowful heart, and give justice to all His beloved people. So, keep on doing what is right in God's eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home