Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Change A Bit

I was turning the page of my newspaper when I came up with an article about Neil Gaiman. As you have guessed, he is the famous author of “The Sandman” comic book that I used to read in my college days, although I only had a few collection of this because as I remember, the saleslady told me that they will not ship any of the vertigo comics anymore. The reason behind this outrage is nobody ever buys them and only a handful of adults ever buys them because of its mature content. Maybe it’s too dark, too real in a sense that it captures the nature of man with a sort of twisted fantasy (which is ideal in a comic book). As I was reading the article, I found out that he has also written a children’s book, and of course you will expect people to ask why. He simply said that writing is like eating Mexican food last night and having Japanese food next day, and we ought to change around a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home