Wednesday, March 09, 2005

In-Secure

Today, I went to the mall to buy a little sense of security because last year a thief went to my locked room and got some of my three months earnings. Maybe, I thought, I learned my lesson. So, I browsed the cash safety box section and realized something. I said to myself, “Yikes! These prices is much costlier than what I have to put in.” Some people will spend lots of cash just to buy security.

Lately, in the computer world, Microsoft has been investing heavily in beefing up their security on their Windows Operating System. Attacks after attacks, the IT community and even big businesses has been struck by these so called plague that has crippled the modern world. Billions in dollars has been spent by the mogul of his software empire, not to be crushed and humiliated in the digital battle. That’s why Microsoft recently initiated the service pack 2 update, even threw in some new anti-spyware software launching an all out war on cyber terrorism. If these steps have not been done, it may ruin the entire company together with his name. Like what I’ve said that some people will spend their entire fortune just to buy security.

This is true to most of us who can’t have a good night sleep without the assurance of security. We toil night and day just to have peace that everything will come out well for our future. If you ask me, this is maybe one of the major factors of stress and fatigue of our body, and this is maybe the cause of shorten life expectancy. I don’t know about this it is just my assumption, but I know that whenever I put my trust on something, it maybe my bankbook or cash box, time might come that this also will be gone. To our surprise as we read our morning newspaper, we will read an article about a bank being robbed or bankrupt or just go out in a puff of smoke. I mean, who are we kidding? This could happen man! Therefore, it is said in the scriptures that we should not put our trust on things that come and go, but to the Lord who will always be the same forever. Then, we could have peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home