Thursday, February 24, 2005

Who Killed... Explained

Obviously, you’re wondering what does the picture below mean. I just saw a column in our local newspaper about a dead musical ‘genius.’ But, it wasn’t he I was referring to. It was I. In the beginning, when I was just little, I never have guessed that I will be involved in music. Because before, I was into painting and was good at it. I won awards after awards, always first in art contests. My peak at that time when I received a gold medal in an international art exhibition held in Japan. So, I thought that someday I will be a great artist, and it was not an impossible dream. Until, I got in high school. My reputation as an artist in grade school was never acknowledged in high school. So, I joined another art contest that will regain my former glory once more. But, that never happened and failed miserably. I remembered that day when I got a call that the contest was about to begin, and I have forgotten all about it. I was caught in a surprise, and I haven’t got my favorite craypas- a medium just like pastel. So, what I did was I went to our bookstore and bought stubborn crayons, which I never used it before in contests like this. The big difference between crayons and craypas is that crayons do not blend. In craypas, if you mix two colors it produces a different shade. As you’ve guessed, I failed miserably. They even showed my horrible work. What a disgrace. So, after I destroyed myself, I never joined again in that same school.

What I never realized that in that same school, I learned a different kind of art, music. It was a day to remember. I wrote, I dunno, hundreds? Of songs since then. That beginning led me to what I am today: a self proclaimed musician (in short, frustrated). If it was not because of that glorious day, I never have found my musical gift. Unlike in painting, I never won any awards but I do know in my heart it was good. But, today was the day that singer died. Not because of lack of love, but a transformation of mind. Now, I was not doing it for her, but for the love of that gift and the giver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home