Sunday, July 10, 2005

It's Sabbath

Before, Sundays for me is just like any other weekend and treat it as a day off where you can go out and enjoy, shop and waste time in the mall all day with my family after church service. There’s nothing wrong in spending quality time with my families, but I got my priorities somewhat in disarray. First of all, Sunday is considered to be Sabbath day where in the Bible is said must be a non-working day, and that’s why we don’t work on Sundays. It doesn’t matter if it is Sunday or any other day will do provided, we must set aside a day for the Lord. God created the world in 6 days and finished his work on the seventh, and blessed the seventh day and set it apart as a special day, because by that day he had completed his creation and stopped working (excerpt from Today’s English Version Bible). Therefore, we must dedicate Sunday to God. Moreover, this observance is mandated by law in the ten commandments and we must follow it or face punishment as to any given law, man made or by God. If you will let me choose, I’ll rather obey God. (see Exodus 20:8 for more information about the Sabbath)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home