Thursday, January 19, 2006

Lost Ship

     There was once a man who dreamt about going to his own promised land far away and across the seas. He worked day and night to set aside money for his sacred journey. After several years, he checked his chest and found out he got enough money to fulfill his personal legend. He said to himself, “Now, I will leave this country and set fort on my voyage.” After some preparation, he set fort and went to the sea port. As the ship was ready to set sail, he hurriedly ran and got in the boat, and so his journey began. After several days, they reached land. As he got off, he asked the bystander, “Is this the coast of Gudal?” The man gave a quizzical look, and to his surprise, he said no and told him he got on the wrong boat. “So, what ship should I take to reach that land?” The bystander replied, “You have to ride the ship bound to Riev.” And so he did. After arriving the pier, he asked again, “What ship should I get to arrive at Gudal?” The lady answered, “You must first get to Frieka.” So he did. After months of  going to and from unknown lands, finally he got frustrated and said, “Now, I am lost. In order for me to reach my destination, I have to go to where I started.”
     Sometimes in our journey of life, we get lost. We try to accomplish our dreams having wrong intentions from the beginning; like leaving on a ship not knowing where it would go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home