Monday, November 28, 2005

Spirit Moving

     Like it says in the scriptures, God’s Spirit is like the wind, you don’t know where it came from and you don’t know where it’s heading. Today is Sunday. It is Sabbath Day that I offer to the Lord. It is the day when God created the universe and rested. I consider it as Holy; there is no work, no idle talk, no long-distance traveling, but only true worship. You might be wondering why I follow these kinds of rules. Well, first it’s in the Old Testament, and this is my way of treating Sunday as Sacred.

     Every Sunday, I see to it that I do something for the Lord like giving food to the poor or buying Sampaguita, or sharing God’s timely message to others. Today, I shared the Word to someone. At first, I didn’t know what to say. I started out as greeting her and asking how is she. We talked about her work and the pitfalls of too much work. All of a sudden, we were talking Spiritual matters. I learned that she experienced small miracles in her life that changed her. She learned to ask and believing in herself that she is special in God’s eyes. She even learned that salvation is not only believing but also in doing (I was amazed that she learned this before I did, and I am a Christian since childhood). Now, I thought maybe my mom was right that God reveals His truths to people in different timelines. Like what my church friend once said, “In everything there is a season, a reason in everything under the Heaven.” (well, something like that) That is why, it is important to share God’s Word to others that others may also learn about it earlier in their lives, so that, they will learn to apply God’s truths and bring them what they hope for in the future.

     Note: It doesn’t matter whether you honor the Sabbath on any other day aside from Sunday. At least once a week that you prepare for this. God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home