Thursday, August 18, 2005

Who Is Like God?

It’s easy how one forgets about someone’s birthday, and I am one of them. Now, because of this dreadful sin, I thought of sending my sister not just a simple text message but an ecard to somehow absolve myself. After browsing, surfing the internet and sending the ecard just hours before her birthday expire, I stumbled upon an interesting feature that tells you the meaning of names. My curiosity grew and thought what the hey, it won’t even hurt to try (and by the fact that it is free). So, I entered my name; both my sisters’ names and others. This lead me to find an answer to this question, “Who is like God?”

It is just logical to explain that this question will have different answers from different individuals. Like the uniqueness of every person, their answers are formed by each individuals experiences. We may be billions in number in this lonely earth, but who God is like is something down to the personal level. It also depends to what kind of situation you are in that you may say who God is and what is He like.

In my youth, I’ve always see God as my friend, whom I could tell all my worries and concerns, my happiness and heartaches at every night before going to sleep. For me, every evening is a step closer to God, and every evening my troubles flee and find peace that helped me fall asleep.

For the last 10 years or so, my views of God changed. Now, I see Him as a God who is distant but helps you to have hope; a God that sees the big picture, who already knows the end of our stories, as someone who will make you stronger, but weakest in His presence; someone who is jealous of your love, but gives love graciously to those who loves Him.

You may be uncertain of your future; you might have lost a loved one, or feeling helpless from what the world brings. We might have been hurt from circumstances, lost a home, or lost our heart, or become numb and bitter that nobody listens not even God.

Like a tree, which has been born, grew, had leaves and fruits; a branch for birds who are in need, a shade from the scorching heat. That same tree lost everything after a storm passed by, the birds, the fruits, and leaves all gone in one sudden moment. Then the sun rises and the clouds dissipate, and the tree that was once thriving becomes dry and useless. But, one day, time will pass and that fruit that fell and broke into two, has its seeds planted on wet soil. Like the day arising, that seed will grow, bear fruit, produce sturdy branches for those birds to come back and live again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home