Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sea and Sky

Every time I look at the sea when it’s near sunset on the seashore as I sit down, there is calmness and serenity. Somehow, no matter what camera you have, you cannot capture the beauty and truthfulness of what the eyes can perceive. Behind the lenses is what no man can create not even a single drop. We can even say that today’s technology can make a drab picture into a work of art. Just by putting a little saturation, a few tweaks here and there, some re-aligning, cropping and highlighting, you have a cover picture of a nature magazine. We may sometimes say that it is beautiful in print rather than in what our eyes see.

When I was a little older, I have this “theory” about what makes the sea blue in color. Then, there were no scientific explanation why the sea or the sky is like that. My speculation is that the color of the sea reflects toward the sky which make it the same, or vice versa. Just recently, I learned that the sky have these so-called particles that gives the color blue when light touches it by the sun. I read that summary, but forgot it somehow. Sea and sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home