Monday, August 07, 2006

Not Because…

It’s human nature, I guess, that a person who believes on something would shut the whole world because it is not according to his/her belief. In religion, it is evident that people in a particular religion would fight other beliefs that it will even go as far as hating those people not in the same boat. Like what is happening in the Middle East. Islam, as I heard, does not believe in violence or even war, and yet some people will turn this peaceful sect into something that is deadly. Although, I believe that any religion in the hands of evil men are dangerous. It could turn people to fight against “un-believing” people for their malicious cause. But, if you’re fighting “for” God, then I believe it is righteous.

I may confess that I also am guilty of this “closed” and strict acceptance that anyone not belonging to our group would be evil, heresy, and should be shut out from the world that there is no need for God to judge them accordingly; they are unsaved and will go to hell. This maybe an extreme thinking and yet we are sometimes guilty of this. I truly believe that God is a just God, and I believe that He too likes for everyone to be saved as it is in the scriptures. To love a sinner, not the sin; to love an enemy, not the hatred. Our enemies can do what they want but they will never win our hearts; instead we must win their hearts. I may have disgust at some Born Again Christians or Catholics because of their blindness, I can never hate them for them to see the light I should try harder not because…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home